After the class on Stress Management (near the end of the second marking period) and your feedback from the End of the Marking Period 2 assignment; many of you were interested in this topic. Many of you wrote about meditation and the desire to learn how meditation can help you to relax and manage your stress. Anticipating some change in the schedule due to pending snowstorm, we will focus on this topic today instead of Friday. Some people feel that meditating can even help the learning process. Lets watch this short video and follow along and mediate in your seats.
Classroom Activity: Meditation
1. Place the mats out on the floor and sit down or lay down (space dependent) facing outboard, away from others.
2. Teacher will play some meditative music to enhance the meditation.
Music to Mediate By...
3. Use this time to get in tune with yourself and clear or order your mind and thoughts. This should have an impact on the rest of your day.
4. Think about how (what type, location, setting) and how often (frequency) do you specifically try to relax and manage your own stress. If you don't you might want to consider finding a way that works for you.
1. Using First name only & class period (Ex. Luke Period 1) Make a blog entry by monday and state how you meditate or relax to manage your stress and what it does for you. If you don't have a relaxation technique or form of stress management, then post what you can develop that you can use and work for you.