Learning to Debate In Class
1. Watch the Link Above the Picture.
2. Re-watch the Affordable Healthcare Act Video from the previous post.
3. Form up into two debate groups FOR and AGAINST the Affordable Healthcare Act. Two students (one male & one female) will be the moderators and will structure and run the debate. Debaters Conduct research on Monday night and be prepared to debate on Tuesday in class.
4. Each Debate Team will present an Opening Statement (2 minutes) and two main points (1 1/2 minutes each). Each team will use some visual aid during the debate. There may be an opposing question and answer period if there is time available.
5. We will also assess the group dynamic of each debate team to determine a baseline for future group work.