This video is the President supporting the building of the Mosque in NY.
Some Questions to Ponder in preparing for your debate:
- Can you separate a religion from groups who exploit or high-jack the religion for their own extreme purposes?
- Is a religion responsible for the acts of extremists who follow that religion?
- Our country claims to exercise freedom of religion, however, is that freedom or any other freedom absolute?
- Some people claim that extremists are using our freedoms against us and in support of themselves.
- You will be formed into two groups (one group that supports and one group that opposes the building of the mosque).
- Your debate groups will be given a short period of time to prepare your hasty debate each focusing on three main points.
- Your homework is entering a comment tonight on how you feel about the topic. Include you First Name & Last Initial, and class period you are in. Keep your comments professional.
TO BUILD OR NOT BUILD.....that is the question?????