Our classes will focus on Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) which is the major military focus in Iraq during the Global War On Terrorism (GWOT). Specifically we will focus on the Second Battle of Fallujah. It would be helpful to read about the First Battle of Fallujah as well.
Click on the Link Above to Get a basic overview and research some of the associated links.
Your assignment on day one is to:
1. Conduct some general research online to develop a basic understanding of that battle.
2. Start a Google Doc for yourself titled "Research on Second Battle of Fallujah" and share that Google Doc with me at
firstname.lastname@example.org . Starting today place any information, links, etc. you find interesting as you "mine" the information. Place everything you think is important on this document to manage your information.
3. Some things to think about:
- Coalition and US Forces versus the Enemy (Al Qaeda, Former Regime Loyalists, Shia Extremists).
- Significance of the City of Fallujah
- Contrast between the First Battle of Fallujah versus the Second Battle of Fallujah.
- What type of environment was this combat taking place in this battle?
- What were the casualties associated with this battle?
- What are some books associated with this battle?
- Who were the American casualties? What can you tell me about the persons who lost their lives in this battle?
The most important thing we do during this Memorial Day Module is to bear witness to their sacrifice. How much effort will you give to honor them...?