Monday, April 22, 2013
April 23, 2013: Peer Interview and Presentation (Presenting Someone Else)
Welcome back from Spring Break and Time To Get To Work!!!! This week's public speaking assignment is to interview someone else and then conduct a short presentation of that person to the class.
1. You will be assigned a partner, you will interview them and they will interview them. you will be given two class periods (Tuesday & Wednesday) for the peer interviewing. The two of you will form your own questions, but they do not have to be the same.
2. Ensure you take notes of what your questions are and their answers to those questions. Try to capture who they are to provide your classmates with appropriate but interesting insights - paint a picture of who they are as an individual. It is not merely a regurgitation of the facts and answers to your questions.
3. Prepare a short (3 to 5 minutes) presentation of the peer you interviewed and rehearse it. You may use prepared notes to assist but you can't read your presentation.
4. Conduct the peer presentation on Thursday in class.
5. You will be graded on the length (minimum 3 minutes and maximum 5 minutes, quality of the content, and your public presentation skills.
Remember, after these presentations our class (our team) should be closer together in understanding each other, because we know each other better. First Leadership principle is "KNOW YOUR PEOPLE".